Quarantining > Shopping

I've been successfully quarantining since March 15 – which also means I've been successfully not shopping since then either! With no where to go, no dinner dates, no parties, no drinks with friends, it's been very easy to only wear yoga pants and sweatshirts everyday. I haven't put on jeans or a cute top or even a sweater since mid-March. Working from home means ultimate comfort and convenience. But let's be honest – I wear yoga pants and sweatshirts when I go to my office, too, so basically my life and wardrobe hasn't changed too much!

Our garage before we started cleaning – how does stuff pile up so quickly?

I've also done some incredible purging since being home 24/7. Chris and I rented a huge dumpster and completely cleared out our garage, tossing everything from old pans, to broken furniture, to a TV with political stickers all over it, to ripped patio cushions. Straight up JUNK that we were hoarding. A few of the items that were worth anything, I posted to Facebook Marketplace and was able to sell for a little cash.

Lots of quiet hikes and dog walks during quarantine!

We bagged up more clothes and shoes to be donated whenever our local thrift stores can open up again. I also organized my massive amount of jewelry, choosing pieces to donate as well. I returned the brand new, expensive Adidas running shoes I told you about in my lost blog post – the ones I was going to run the half marathon in, which has since been postponed til October, thus not needing said shoes right now. In fact, I haven't run since I started quarantining. I keep telling myself it's because my gym is closed and the weather has been too cold – and I'm sticking to that story for now! Hikes and dog walks it is!

We've been working on our save-the-dates for our wedding in November. Not even sure if we'll be able to have a wedding this year, but here's hoping!

I've basically done little-to-no shopping at all – and not just for clothes. With the exception of plenty of grocery store trips for TP, wine and dog food, the only things I have purchased since March 15 that aren't food are: DIY sticker wallpaper to make an accent wall, our save-the-date cards for our wedding in November, and new patio cushions (since I disposed of the old ones during the garage mass exodus). The cushions and cards arrived promptly; I'm on week 3 waiting for the wallpaper. When it does arrive, though, I'm excited for new project to keep me busy!

I hope everyone reading this is healthy and well. It sure is a strange time to be alive. Stay safe, stay home, stay grateful.

114 days down, 251 to go.
xo, Laurel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Went Clothes Shopping

I Went Clothes Shopping – Again

2019 Spending Realization