Clothes < Furniture

Over two weeks have passed and I’m still chugging along with this New Years resolution of mine. No clothes or shoes have been purchased! Ok, I take that back, I bought a few items at the thrift store... but rules are rules! No new clothes or shoes have been purchased. I found myself a never-worn pair of knee-high black riding boots for $8 and an amazing gray fitted dress for $6 (big thanks for whomever donated these things!). I wanted to buy more but settled on these two items and was actually thoughtful about my choices. More baby steps.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1NX1j6J0kn1BC5whBaTB1Tf6DOKVibP27
(Mud room/sitting area inside my front door. That amazing heavy vintage metal mirror on the wall was a score from Old Orchard Antiques for $30. And the floor lamp came with the house when I bought it!)

One thing I’ve discovered is that even though I can’t buy clothing, I CAN buy other stuff. And by other stuff, I mean new furniture. My shopping disease has crossed over into a new realm: wayfair.com. If you’ve never looked at Wayfair, I recommend steering clear. It’s hard to look away. Especially if you have a mid-century modern furniture obsession like I do. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1wzH-erNZIkVT-yD6ukgxDBa_MoprBiyM
(Buffet serving cabinet with newly arranged wall art.)

Heaven help me. So far I’ve purchased 2 chairs, a coffee table, 2 end tables, throw pillows, a buffet serving cabinet, 5 picture frames, a coffee maker, a pouf ottoman, and a bookshelf. Yes, I bought all of that within 2 weeks because yes, I decided to redecorate my downstairs sitting room/mud room for no reason. Maybe you’ve seen me selling random furniture on Facebook Marketplace. It’s all in the name of my shopping addiction! Hey, my front room looks pretty cute and cozy though. (Side note: our couch, dining table, my desk, and all my Airbnb furniture is also all from Wayfair. It really is a great site.)

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KqL96iHzVaU6zN8qfUYjdauy0053OXhw
(I always wanted to color coordinate my books.)

On a positive note, I donated another bag of clothing to Bargains Unlimited Resale Store. It was filled with running shoes that were barely run in, coats that have never seen the exterior of my closet, and purses that have never been carried. Purging is such a therapeutic feeling.

Besides, I have to make room for all this new furniture.

But really, I'm done now.

350 days to go! xo Laurel



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Went Clothes Shopping

2019 Spending Realization

A New Years Resolution