My Newest Shopping Addiction

After my last post, I really had to take a step back and evaluate why I spend the way I spend. As I re-read the last post (I went a little crazy buying new, unnecessary furniture), I realized I not only have a clothes shopping problem — I have a shopping problem. Period.

The goal of this resolution was to halt my clothes shopping for a year. Mostly because I was wasting money, but also because fast fashion isn’t great for the environment. I’m still on track with this — awesome. Now it’s turned into the realization that I waste money, not only on clothes shopping, but on anything. Clothes, furniture, books, makeup, candles, jewelry, FOOD. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PA819ZplGC6_Ayn67qRmUyc1-Fr6t0cM
(Pecan crusted pork chop from Green Chef. Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, delicious.)

Yes, food. Now I’m spending all my money on food. I love food, so this is no surprise. I love to go out to eat. I love to cook. I love grocery shopping. I love finding recipes to try out on Pinterest. I love baking. I love when others cook for me. Food is my friend.

I recently found out I need to eliminate several things from my diet for specific health reasons, so now I’m obsessed with finding alternative options. Thrive Market online is great, Greens N Grains in Egg Harbor is wonderful, and Green Chef has awesome home delivery options. I’m even learning how to order better at restaurants. Spending money on my health? Totally worth the cost. I can't really apologize for taking care of myself! Now instead of my impressive collection Sephora and Lulu’s and Amazon boxes in the garage, we have food delivery boxes. 

So on a positive note, I actually haven’t shopped for anything (besides food) for the last 10 days. Huge win! No Amazon Prime orders, no Target runs, no new workout clothes, no cute sweaters from TJ Maxx. I even stopped myself from browsing for clothes online. 

Pro tip: if you absolutely need something from Target, send your significant-other with a specific list of what’s needed (especially if they hate shopping). Then there’s no temptation! They’ll be in and out with just the basics. Curbside pickup at Target and Walmart is also an amazing option to utilize. Pre-order your items online, they bring it out to your car at the timeslot you reserve, and you don’t even have to go inside! Again, no temptation to get more than what you need. 

24 days down, 341 to go. 
xo Laurel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Spending Realization

I Went Clothes Shopping

Something Old, TWO Something New’s